- The Faculty Center Overview is a quick guide for general functions that faculty perform within myFSCJ.
- Campus Solutions training for all topic areas is provided through FSCJ Training & Organizational Development
- The Faculty Center Guide Edition 1 provides instructions on the following topics.
- Viewing Class Schedule
- Viewing Class Roster
- Entering Grades
- The Faculty Center Guide Edition 2 provides instructions on the following topics.
- Drop for Non-Attendance
- Grade Change
- Course Evaluations
- FN Grades & Last Date of Attendance
- Mandatory Non-Attendance (NA) Reporting is an important College-monitored process that must be completed by all faculty for each section every term. Even if all students have been present, faculty still need to complete and submit the NA report before the published deadline.
- Please refer to the Faculty Center Guide Edition 2 for detailed instructions on completing this process.
- Instructors should confirm NA reporting completion with the time/date stamp located in the top right hand corner of the class roster. If you don’t see this confirmation, please contact us before the reporting deadline has passed so we can assist.
According to Federal Guidelines, the following are considered examples of academic attendance in distance learning:
- Student submission of an academic assignment.
- Student submission of an exam.
- Documented student participation in an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction.
- A posting by the student showing the student’s participation in an online study group that is assigned by the institution.
- A posting by the student in a discussion forum showing the student’s participation in an online discussion about academic matters.
- An e-mail from the student or other documentation showing that the student initiated contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course. (U.S. Department of Education, 2018, p. 63)
U.S. Department of Education (2018). Volume 5 Withdrawals and the Return of Title IV Funds, 2018-2019 [PDF file]. Retrieved from https://ifap.ed.gov/fsahandbook/attachments/1819FSAHbkVol5Master.pdf
The Incomplete (I) Grade can be assigned at the instructor's discretion upon student request. To be eligible for an “I” grade, the student must be passing the course at the time of the request and must have completed at least 75% of the course work. Detailed information on the "I" grade is provided in the Grading System and Faculty Grading Responsibilities APM (Administrative Procedure Manual). The "I" Grade contract is located in myFSCJ on the Faculty tab, under Faculty Resources.
Faculty may submit an Early Alert Report to connect students who are experience academic challenges with an Academic Success Coach. The Early Alert Report is located in myFSCJ on the Faculty tab, under Faculty Resources. The Early Alert Report addresses the following concerns:
- Academic Concerns
- Financial Concerns
- Navigating College Systems
- Social/Adjustment Concerns
- General Complaints
The Early Alert Report also provides a link to the Advocate Public CARE Report to report non-Academic concerns such as:
- Medical Concerns
- Mental Health Issues
- Non-Academic/Life Situations
- Physical/Psychological Endangerment
Complete information for FSCJ Faculty is provided in the Faculty Handbook 2019-20.